Pages - Menu

August 6, 2010

MTV Worldstage ‘10 @ Sunway, Malaysia!!!

One word, U-N-F-O-R-G-E-T-A-B-L-E !!! The long-waited MTV Worldstage just took place on the 31th of July in Sunway Lagoon Surf Beach, and I was lucky enough to have gotten a pair of tickets to catch the show~

 

--- I tried to make this post as useful & informative as possible for the goers of the Worldstage next year, so bear with me/ skip to the pictures if it’s too much words ^^ ---

 

The line-up for this year was of Bunkface, Wonder Girls, TOKIO HOTEL & KATY PERRY!!! Being a huge Tokio Hotel/ Katy Perry’s fan, how could I ever forgive myself for surpassing this opportunity?? Same goes to Wenz too~ LOL, and that babe, got us express lane tickets for the show. And being as greedy as I was, I traded my way up with those tickets to Xzone tickets. However, that was when BenBen told us Xzone (a.k.a MoshPit) would be blocked by those gigantic speakers and equipments. And so, we stuck with the Express tickets in the end. ^^

 

The entrance door for the show was supposedly open at 4pm, while the show was scheduled to start at 6. So, Wenz, me & B went to Sunway around 12pm, to avoid parking space being all snagged up but surprisingly parking lots were still aplenty by the time we got there. We parked, figured we might as well check out the entrance earlier, and we saw people already lining up, 3 hours before the door was open. Scorched by the merciless sun, grilled by the heat, still people stood by the line, playing pokers and eating takeaways. In this situation, you might as well get your bare butt onto smoking charcoal.

IMG_1388

Two Normal Tickets won from Xpax

IMG_1389

The three Express Lane tickets…

 

Having witness that, we headed back to the air-conditioned complex, grab some bite before we throw ourselves into the queue. Oh, in case you’re wondering, why were we queuing when we’ve got the Express tickets? Well, apparently, we’re NOT the only ones who’ve got it… *go figure*

IMG_1390

Wenz & I

IMG_1391

B & I

 

Anyhow, we started to queue at 3.30pm, and here was where the organiser’s at fault! Firstly, they put the lane for Xzone & Express at the same entrance point with the normal tickets. Then, they somehow have idiotically ‘forgot’ to tell people which lane was for that particular ticket. And so, we ended up queue in the normal ticket lane under the burning heat until it got too unbearable. B dropped the queue and asked the usher. Only then we knew there were actually two lanes, separated by insignificant fencing, without any signboards. Well done~

IMG_1393

Beautiful blue sky…down side? The heat!

 

Then, when we finally ended up in the correct lane, it was already 4.45pm, but we’re still far from the entrance. During the waiting, we saw people being rejected from entering for they were carrying prohibited stuff, like long umbrellas, sharp object, cameras and even plastic bags. The bag check was scrutiny and I was sweating & NERVOUS as hell since I had the intention of sneaking in my camera.. (oppsy) well, I for one CANNOT (for the millionth times) pass put on the chance of capturing such amazing showcase with my camera~ Watching how careful the guards check the bags, two thoughts came into my mind, what if they found it and not let me in; or what if they found it and won’t let me in unless I surrender (as in not having it back) my camera? Concert, or camera??? Man, I hate, absolutely hate difficult choices…I always have…

And so, *the following part is for those MTV WS goers with guts to try and sneak in their camera* + *success NOT guaranteed and follow instruction at your own risk* I check for their flaw in the bag check. Well, first of all, I came prepared. I brought my small sling bag to carry anything BUT my camera. Secondly, I dress as minimal (light tee and short pants) as I can, just so I appeared to have no space to keep my camera in pocket. Oh, make sure your tee is long & loose enough to cover your bulging pocket too. And finally, take your bag off your shoulder and away from your ‘innocent-looking’ pocket when it’s your turn for the bag check. Just shove it to the guard and do nothing to create attention to your pants pockets. LOL. Oh, and below are the proof that I made it! I sneaked my camera into the premises!

Oh, lesson learnt from Wenz, as tempting as it gets, never get your camera out before the show starts. You’ll never know if there’s a crew nearby who might caught your prohibited camera and throw your out…So, just be patient, it pays! ^^

 

Once we’re in, we were given a poncho ( a.k.a. raincoat) and a paper fan, which was really thoughtful of them. And soon, we were on the dried up surf beach looking for a good spot. And by good spot, I mean place that is close to the stage (duh!) AND near/next to a fence. Why? Because I can’t imagine myself being caught in the middle of a large sweating crowd, with no where to lean on. Having found our ideal spot, which is next to the Xzone, we settled down, waiting for the show to start. Oh, and one more tip, Xzone / MoshPit is actually a really good spot, you’ll get all these freebies and (OMFG!) performers’ sweaty towels, guitarists’ guitar picks and drummers’ drumsticks…but still, we were content with what we had, it’s the next best thing.

 

Show started at 6.50pm, which was good, since I expected it to start no sooner than 8pm, but the rain…wow, I’d never thought rain can actually dampens your hype~well, at least mine…It started raining at 5.30 and it got heavier until a point having ponchos was the same as having none…By the time it turned into a drizzle, the charismatic Bunkface opened the show! They were funny and good and after 6 songs, Wonder Girls came on.

IMG_1404

The well-loved local band, BunkFace~

IMG_1405

Here’s proof of the heavy rain~

IMG_1408IMG_1411

Xzone area~

IMG_1413IMG_1419IMG_1423IMG_1424

Fave shot, amazing background, eh?

IMG_1428IMG_1433IMG_1434IMG_1435

THE CROWD!

IMG_1438

Camera men, & really professional security guards…One thing worth mentioning, during the concert, many people were giving the blue-shirt guards hard time and yet, they handled ALL with grace and courtesy. *salute*

 

IMG_1443

Hosts of the night, MTV VJs, my favourite? VJ Utt! *wink wink*

IMG_1444IMG_1450

Here’s an idea for you of the 15,000 crowd~

IMG_1451IMG_1457IMG_1458IMG_1460IMG_1461

During the long wait between shows, some cam-whoring… ^^

IMG_1467

Wonder girls!

IMG_1479IMG_1480IMG_1487IMG_1497IMG_1498IMG_1500IMG_1501IMG_1502IMG_1504

I must say, I was impressed! Their dances were very well/beautifully choreographed~ ^^

IMG_1507

Here’s the long-waited “Nobody”

IMG_1509IMG_1510IMG_1515IMG_1516IMG_1522IMG_1523

The girls were amazing too, I never thought Malaysian organizer would allow them to dance as flirty as they were. ( The cancellation of Beyonce’s concert still stinks my heart!) And of course, they performed their famous hit “Nobody” last, with everyone hyped up by then. But some of the people left as soon as Wonder Girls finished performing.

 

Next up, TOKIO HOTEL!!!!!! H-o-w-e-v-e-r, due to the off-&-on rain, the equipment got hay wired and the crowd, including us of course, left stranded in the drizzle, which grew heavier along with our frustration by the minute. The MTV VJ were trying to keep us occupied with those freebies giveaway, which was practically useless on us standing behind the bar, outside the Xzone. Soon, the distraction wore off, and the VJs ran out of freebies. Still, those ‘technical’ issue wasn’t resolved. Being hit by the raindrops and heat wave from the large crowd, we remained still, boiled by frustration. But as soon as the limelight shone on Tokio Hotel, all hell was forgiven. It’s amazing how I can just forget about my gasping-for-air with a snap of the finger, *snap* just like that. And before I know it, all three of us were screaming, jumping and went crazy in the serenade of the band’s songs…  IMG_1524

After ONE hour, TH came on, this is my first picture of them since May~

IMG_1527IMG_1528IMG_1531IMG_1536IMG_1537

I almost cried, realizing they’ve actually brought the props that they’ve used during their concert in Germany~ It was amazing!

IMG_1539IMG_1540IMG_1543

Watch the “Humanoid City Tour” drumsets!!!! OMG~

IMG_1546

*faint*

IMG_1548IMG_1556IMG_1557

My fave shot!!

IMG_1558IMG_1560

The snopshot of the night~ Can you feel the rain, the love??? haha

IMG_1564IMG_1566IMG_1569IMG_1571

That big bike~~ and I swear, Bill & I made eye-contact! *wink wink wink*

IMG_1576IMG_1578IMG_1585IMG_1586IMG_1598

Beautiful concert, it’s all the chaos we been through, don’t you think so, babe?

IMG_1599

“Darkside of the Sun”

IMG_1605IMG_1616IMG_1620IMG_1627

Fireworks curtain~

IMG_1635IMG_1650

where Bill sings “zoom into me” while Tom PLAYS PIANO!

IMG_1637

He has the most beautiful eyes… imagine him making a puppy face…you’ll surrender everything…LOL, at least I would…haha (going crazy there….)

IMG_1653IMG_1657IMG_1654

To conserve my cam battery, here’s the last picture of them…my fave shot too~

 

 

Tokio Hotel performed 11 songs, almost non-stop, minus the few minutes that Bill’d taken to reappear with their amazing stage prop. A big-ass motorbike, and a grand piano which Tom had played in their song “Zoom into me”. To me, it was like a full length concert of Tokio Hotel’s. The stage, the pyro (yes, they do have pyro during performance) and the costumes, were just like what they had during they Humanoid City Tour. We were really lucky! And Wenz, couldn’t take her eyes off her Bill…LOL.

 

And when Tokio Hotel disappear behind the curtain, we waited for KATY PERRY to perform! But the wait dragged on, until I couldn’t take it anymore…I boo-ed at the stage, as loud as my lungs can take…By that time, it was already 11.48pm~ We almost gave up and left…but luckily we stuck till the end~ Katy came out eventually, and once again, all hell’s forgiven~ She came out on a GIGANTIC banana split, and to Wenz’s agony, she would die for a lick of that…LOL.

IMG_1658[4]

MY FIRST PICTURE OF KATY PERRY!

IMG_1660IMG_1661IMG_1667

The quirky and beautiful Katy~

IMG_1669IMG_1675IMG_1678

One my fave shot too…sorry if the noise is obvious, but that’s the best I could do given where I stood…

IMG_1680IMG_1684IMG_1687IMG_1690

A close-up… =)

IMG_1694

For those who don’t know, Katy plays guitar and she writes songs….talented, eh?

IMG_1695IMG_1696IMG_1698

A big smooch for the crowd, it drove us wild, LOL

IMG_1703IMG_1710IMG_1714IMG_1717IMG_1721

This is the last picture I have for the night, before my battery died off…They actually have gigantic balls rolling over the crowd at the end of the night and Katy climbing up the wing of the stage, but I didn’t manage to capture it…but BUT, that’s the point, I’ve shown you most of the concert, let’s just leave the most amazing part to your imagination, perhaps you should leave this anticipation for next year, where MTV Worldstage’s back for the third time! ^^

 

I felt a little bad for Katy was actually coming out to a boo-ing crowd, but I am pretty sure the crowds were booing at the faulty equipment & poor organiser. ^^ She started her slot with “California Gurls” and followed “teenage dream”, “hot and cold”, “I kissed a girl” (she must have think not being allowed to say ‘i kissed a GIRL’ here in Malaysia is ridiculous, i thought so too…) and most amazingly, she performed “peacock”!! A brand new song, never been heard by the rest of the world, a song from her to-be-released album, “teenage dream”…The lyrics was flirty alright, and I wonder how it got pass the Malaysian Entertainment Department…LOL…but google it up, it’s worth a listen, or more~ haha, all of these made the waiting and the whole lot of frustration worthwhile!

 

We came home around 2pm, the traffic was unexpectedly smooth. Oh, did I mention Wonder Girls did an encore at the very end of the concert? It was the organiser’s way to make up for the fans for waiting….I’d say they ARE FORGIVEN! Afterall, this is just the second time they hosted MTV Worldstage, Cut them some slack, and this concert was made free for all, except for those who bought the tickets. How better else can you ask for?

 

Dear organiser, good job, but next time, try to think of a better way to lay off the waiting…It almost ruin a great show~ ^^

 

All in all, it was a wonderful, unforgettable, beautiful night! Sweet Dreams~ by the way, babe, I know you’re enjoying this, LOL.grab all the pictures you want~ ^^ sorry for the delay though…

With love,

KC

 

ps: B’s mum said the other day that luckily I wasn’t chasing TH’s concert around the globe…Somehow, her words got stuck in my mind, perhaps chasing their around the world might not be that bad of an idea afterall… Think about it, we get to travel the world and meet other hardcore fans, make friends with people of the world…By the end of it, we have friends all over the world, who shares one common passion, and those sweet & crazy memories from the travelling…Not too bad, eh? *food for thought* ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment