Pages - Menu

February 12, 2010

What happens when you get a strike no.3?

You’ll get a strike no.4 and 5, soon, if not immediately.

Well, today is not such a fine day…in fact, today sucks.

For starter, I walked to the KTM station in the morning after missing my breakfast, ONLY TO WATCH THE TRAIN TAKING OFF RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME~ as result, I was stuck waiting at the station for half an hour. That’s Strike no.1~

Then, already in a grumpy mood, attended the class in the morning, only to get shove in the face that apparently Interior Design is NOT as important as I think it was. What happened? Well, lecturer only remembered to take the attendance list for the Architecture students. As for ID, well, we’ll have to handwrite our name and sign on the BACK of a piece of paper. Paranoia much, but it’s quite a sensitive thing there. Truth be told, it sucks. That’s Strike no. 2~

In case my day is not bad enough, I presented my pencil holder to the lecturers, they didn’t seem to buy. That’s just my luck. I’ll learn to live with that. That’s Strike no.3~

Hell, my Strike no. 4 struck me just a few minutes later. As usual, I took the KTM home. The train is late, again! To make things worse, there’re many ( I mean MANY ) people taking the train today, to get back to their hometown. So, by the time the train is here, it’s already jammed pack inside. It’s either this, or wait for the next train that MAY or MAY NOT arrive within the hour. It’s obvious that I’m left with no options. And so, I tried to squeeze in. I did make it in, but not my laptop bag. In the horrible fear that my lappie might get jammed in between the doors, I pleaded for the people near the end of the cabin to move in further as there was obviously still plenty of room back there. And you know what? The Malay girls just smirked and move their feet an inch, A F*ckin INCH! And there I was, jammed against strangers who don’t even leave a space for me to hang on to.

Ready, here comes Strike no. 5! As if it’s not already bad enough, I have two Malay or Indo people beside me, one of which is just millimetres away from touching my cheek with his face. EEW~~~ If there is a list of “Hell on Earth”, this would definitely make the top 3. Oh, and the additional misery, the guy at the back, kept giving me the helpless look, which pretty much makes me look dubious for being stuck in the doorway.

“Hell on Earth” lasted for 20 minutes, and I literally run out of the train, swearing. I’ve never used bad words so much but I’ve exhausted my yearly bad words credit if I even do have one. After slamming my bag onto the plastic chair at the waiting area (which I made a big “bang” noise in the process), I sat there, grilled by the heat and tormenting myself as I now smelled like 5 total different people, none of which smells good. I smelled like shit!

Man, I am so pissed~ and then, I saw the sign at the counter…IMG_6292

Why am I NOT surprised???

Malaysia’s KTM service can seriously use SOME upgrades, this is a suffer to commute. If you drive, you get caught in traffic; if you take the train, not that it’s any better. Either way, you’ll end up with a crappy day. The train could have so much potential in saving the Earth and making life easier, but NO, it stays the same, if not worse. Are they deaf? Or they’re too caught up in traffic in their fancy little car?

 

IIII

5 strikes in a row, way to go!

With disappointment,

KC

3 comments:

  1. 希望这农历新年会带给你很多的好运。。

    新年快乐。 =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... nice blog KC! life's aint easy. at least urs is not a bored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Cher,

    哈哈,愿你也有个愉快的新年。。。和一个愉快的一整年。。。
    虎年快乐!^^

    To Lynz,

    LOL, trust me, you don't want an "interesting" that has anything to do with you smelling like 5 different people at once..life's great back in Aussie, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete