Pages - Menu

January 7, 2013

Happy 2013! =)

Hi, I am back, for good. Been putting off blogging for a really long time now but I am back for good now. This is gonna be the first post since I got here to UK. As of yesterday (5th January ‘13) I have officially lived in Portsmouth for 4 months now. Life is good here, very much different than back home, but home is still where my heart belongs *cough* besides New York *cough*

Since I got here, I was so used to the instant-ness and fastness of using Facebook, forgoing what had been keeping me sane – writing. I guess I should have seen it coming, hours and days are slipping out of my fingers, my life is spinning out of control, fast and vain. Days were spent lingering around the high street, delving in the short satisfaction of bringing home a new paperbag every time. I don’t listen to music anymore, I rarely write, and I don’t THINK anymore. Living life as it is passes and letting 2012 ( a wonderful year ) ended without a proper closure, I must say it was bleek and hurtful (to myself). Luckily, I have had my last straw and took sometime alone lately thinking and counting my blessings.

Just wrapped up a two-weeks trip around UK and it was amazing. Had an extra week after that to stay home and sloughed around. It was a pretty awesome winter break. =) Watched a movie yesterday “Under the Tuscan Sun” and the ending really caught me off guard, got me thinking sometimes, you really needed that someone to remind you how lucky you are, that you have been granted everything you ever wanted, you just need to see thing in different light.

220px-Under_the_tuscan_sun_poster

A wonderful movie not to be missed ~ Wenz, you heard me? ^^

School is starting next week, and I have no game plan. Yet.
Six days have passed since the new year, and I have no resolutions. Yet.
Four months into my one year abroad, and I have not truly settled in. Yet.

Looking back at all my plans about what I would be doing when I get here, I am falling behind my own schedule and it sucked. But hopefully, I am getting back on my feet soon enough, and finally cross out some of the items on my bucket list.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" 旅行最大的好處,不是能見到多少人,見過多美的風景,
而是走著走著,在某個際遇下,找回了自己。”

Saw this on my Facebook wall and it got me thinking, maybe the reason I haven’t gotten around to setting my goals was because I was too afraid, afraid of starting something that I know, for a fact, I cannot finish. However, good things do worth the wait but it won’t happen by itself, you have to set things in motion and that takes commitment, commitment of promising something to yourself, and have the courage and gut to stick to the very end. I didn’t have the courage nor did I have the discipline back then, but I sure will put it on the line to set everything in motion this year. I have to, before it is too late and I am too old.

Putting aside my rumbling thoughts, here are some of my favourite pictures taken throughout the trip! =)

DSC01772
Hand of a caring father

DSC01788
Me, getting Henge-d

DSC01826
Jumpshot at its best!

DSC01888
A backpack-y kind of day

DSC01931
The three little piglets

DSC01949
Onboard a train again – sometimes great things just passes us by and you don’t even realise it

DSC01954
We were warned but we got it anyway, don’t we all?

DSC02068
A nostalgic quirkiness

DSC02074
Let Love in…

DSC02158
Levitating @ Oxford

DSC02190
Oxford Natural Science Musuem

DSC02225
Just because I am different…

DSC02233
The Raleigh Camera…

DSC02227
Too beautiful not be captured in black and white

DSC02369
Who said Tasty and Healthy would co-exist?

DSC02388
Taking time to savor the moment

DSC02384
Andy – on the move

DSC02690
Kelvingrove Museum, where everything comes alive, in your imagination…

DSC02729
Strangely I feel like I am in Moscow somehow, somewhere in Glasgow

DSC02752
The most beautiful needs repair too~ Glasgow Cathedral

DSC02754DSC02771DSC02774DSC02778
Still remember how humbled I was when I first walked in here. No wonder it is dubbed one of the most beautiful Gothic Cathedral in the world.

DSC02782DSC02788DSC02792
Christmas is in the air

DSC02795DSC02832DSC02847DSC02857
Taken from the upper floor where the pipe-organist was playing. Sometimes you have to take chances to get the best thing in life.

DSC02921

DSC02975
Edinburgh Christmas Market – hands down the best there is.

DSC02978

DSC03015
View of the Edinburgh Castle where I would wake up to

DSC03030DSC03053
Edinburgh @ night

DSC03068DSC03138DSC03181DSC03187DSC03188DSC03231DSC03366DSC03396
In the vault of 3300+ bottles of precious liquor

DSC03439DSC03463DSC03466
One thing off my bucket list: Skates on real ice/ in outdoor rink! <3

DSC03467


Till next time, off to put in some strokes on my Resolution List. Tomorrow WILL be a better day! Winking smile

With contemplation,
KC

1 comment: