Pages - Menu

January 26, 2010

Super massive black hole…

It was a Sunday night, just got my heart torn apart seeing him leave, again…well on my way back home and dad’s phone rang, neighbours said our area is having a total blackout…yeap, no electricity… Great, what else now…

The news only adds to my sorrow and yet, there’s no escape..I’ll still have to deal with it… Couple minutes later, I came up to my living neighbourhood, yeap, definitely no electricity whatsoever, because all I see was blackness. The whole neighbourhood is cover with pitch black, just like in those zombie movies.. wait, that’s not a very good example… Anyhow…

I reached at the front porch, the emergency light in the house is working, but not for long. I rushed to my room, brush my teeth before the battery runs out. As I close the toilet door, the silence hit me like a wall, I never knew silence can sound so loud, so loud until it pierces through your ears and to your heart.

I went out to the balcony and then I saw the most beautiful thing… The silver sparkle of the moon drenched the cars in gentle glow… I never notice how bright a moonlit sky can be, so bright yet so non-aggressive. Every object under the moonlight seems to be singing lullaby in their own natural rhythm and it was so calming. ALL this, would never be noticed with every household illuminating their house with artificial lighting.. It gets me wonder, how many wonders of nature have we missed when we were all too busy soaking in our man-made technology, how many such beautiful nights have slip through our fingers when we were too busy curling up in the arms of our concrete walls.

A lot, I guess.

And so, throughout the night, I lay on a stretcher out on the balcony, looking at the stars. Dad was talking with neighbours on the tarmac, laughing away in the cool night breeze.

It was such a beautiful ambience, I shall never forget. Shall never forget that I was once lying under the stars, contemplating, ‘dancing’ in my mind, talking to him on the phone, accompanied by bright half moon.

Soon, I notice I too was drenched in silver sparkle, grateful that I was a part of the night. But there’s still one thing missing…

 240120101490 The moon ~240120101492 Very, very dark…240120101493 If you can see the dim glow of a window, that’s my room…240120101498250120101500

Me on the balcony…contemplating life *cough*

The night ended with electricity coming back on around 12am, I was half asleep by then…what a night~

With love,

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment